Hot chicken wings will be on my top list of order whenever I visit KFC, McDonalds or any other fast food restaurants. I recently had barbecued chicken wings at a nearby supermarket and was wondering how they made it crispier. I tried grilling chicken wings at home, though the taste was good, the wings were soggy rather than crispy. I was searching for the secret ingredient to make it crispy and finally landed on Laura Vitale's buffalo wings recipe on you tube and learnt the secret ingredient. Hope you get it right. Enjoy!
Chicken wings - 10
Tandoori masala - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Chilli powder - 1/2 Tablespoon (optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
Lemon juice - of 1/2 lime
Yoghurt - 2 Tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Dried Herbs - 1/4 Tablespoon ( Parsley, Thyme, Oregano)
All purpose flour - 3 Tablespoon
Baking powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
Oil - 2 Tablespoon
1. Clean and cut the wings and pat them dry using paper towels. Make sure there is no extra moisture.
2. Marinate the chicken with all the above mentioned ingredients except for all purpose flour, baking powder and oil. Allow it to stand for 2 to 4 hours. The longer the better!
3. Preheat the oven to the maximum temperature available in your oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile add the all purpose flour and baking powder to the marinated chicken and make sure each chicken piece is coated well with the flour.
4. Place the wings on the tray and cook for 20 to 25 minutes by drizzling some oil over the wings. Take the tray out turn the chicken to the other side and cook for another 20 to 25 minutes by drizzling some oil on the chicken until its crispy.
5. Transfer the chicken wings to a plate, squeeze lime juice and chaat masala on top and serve with fresh onion and lettuce.
* The flour and the baking powder will help in making the chicken crispy outside, soft and juicy inside.
* Do not cook chicken for a very long time because the flesh will become hard and chewy.
* You can skip any masala that you don t like and can prepare the marinade of your choice.
* The marinade should not be runny it should be thick and the wings should be coated well with the marinade.