Friday 13 January 2012

Spanish bread 'n' cheese baked sandwich

Europe is famous for its cheese and chocolates. Living in Spain for 2 years, cheese has slowly entered into my kitchen too. I just love cheese, either it be goat cheese or cow cheese. This snack is one of my favorite dishes, which I sometimes take it for dinner. My spanish flatmate prepared this once in a party and I really pestered her a lot to learn this. This is a very simple snack which takes very few minutes to prepare and I bet, kids will definitely love it.
Ingredients:
Bread - 5 slices
Cheese - 5 slices
Onion - 1
Oregano- a little
Mayonnaise

Method
1. Take breads and cut them into round slices using a glass. 
2. Cut cheese slices also into round shape.
3. Spread Mayonnaise on the bread, and keep a thin piece of onion cut into round shape.
4. Place the round cheese on the top of the onion and sprinkle little oregano above the cheese.
5. Preheat the oven for to 250c for 5 mins. Spread a butter paper on to the baking tray and place these bread-cheese sandwiches on the plate. Bake for 5-8 mins and remove the plate when the cheese melts a little. 
6. This can be served hot. 

Note
1. You can add vegetables, apples, salmon or thin pieces of bacon with the onions.
2. Healthy and a heavy snack.
Hmmmmmm... Can't wait anymore... Enjoy your snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment