A simple cabbage fry as a side to the meal. Enjoy!
Cabbage (white or purple) - 1 cup (finely chopped)
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 (split lengthwise)
Curry leaves - 10
Oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
Channa Dal - 1 Teaspoon
Urad dal - 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Water - To sprinkle
1. Heat oil in a pan and allow the mustard seeds to splutter then add the channa and urad dal.
2. Add green chillies, curry leaves and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the cabbage along with turmeric powder and salt and stir for 2 minutes. Then sprinkle little water and cover the pan with the lid for 5 to 7 minutes with occasional stirring. The sprinkled water will create the steam in which the cabbage will be cooked.
4. Cabbage stir fry is ready to be served.
* A spoonful of grated coconut can be added towards the end for extra texture and flavour.