Being in an European country, one thing you can never avoid is a Pizza. The aroma of melting cheese, especially that of sheep cheese can really induce your appetite wherever you are. In the beginning it was really hard for me to find a pizza of my taste so I couldn't opt for ready-made pizzas on some emergency. Its again my Spanish flatmate who introduced this apple pizza to me. Just give a try to this simple recipe and am sure you will love it. You will understand apple in a different way :)
Pizza Base - 1 roll
Tomato puree - 2 Tbsp
Cheese (sliced)- 4 slices
Cheese (shredded) - as required
Oil- 1 Tbsp
- Cut onion into fine julienne. In a fry pan add little oil say 1/2 Tbsp and fry the onions in very low flame for 15 mins. Onion becomes translucent, soft and slightly sweeter as it is cooked for a long time.
- Once onion is ready, roll out the Pizza base on a flat surface with a baking sheet and spread tomato puree evenly on the pizza base.
- Cut the cheese slices into small pieces and spread them over the base.
- Now peel off the apple and cut them into small slices and arrange them over the cheese on the pizza.
- Layer it up with fried onion, and finally, spread the shredded cheese over the pizza.
- Sprinkle little oregano over the cheese to add flavour
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees for 10 mins. Keep this pizza in a baking tray and place it inside the oven.
- Bake it for 10 mins or until the cheese melts.
- Serve it hot.
* Do not let onions to burn.
* I have used a thin (ready made) pizza base, as I don't like thick bread. You can also try to prepare pizza base with maida, water, oil and yeast.
* Instead of oregano, you can also use grated lemon peel.