I was not a big fan of fish and other sea food until I reached UK. We once spent our vacation in Italy, exploring pizzas, pasta and sea food. We had grilled fish with a side salad, since then I started loving fresh grilled fish. Myself and my husband will have them almost every Friday night, watching movies with a dim ambience set at our home. I gave a little desi twist to the one we had in Italy and here it goes....Enjoy!
Whole Fish - 1 ( I used sea bass)
Chilli powder - 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
Lemon juice - juice of 1/2 lemon
Oil - 2 Tablespoon
Salt - to taste
1. Scale and gut the fish, clean and wash the fish properly. I usually get them completely cleaned from the market. Make 3 to 4 slits on both sides of the fish.
2. Marinate the fish with chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper, lemon juice and salt for 2 to 4 hours. The longer the better!
3. Preheat the oven to the highest that you have at your home for 10 minutes. Meanwhile line the oven tray with aluminium foil and drizzle some oil over the foil and place the fish on the tray.
4. Place the tray with fish in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and turn the fish to the other side and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes by drizzling some oil over the fish.
5. You can cook for another 5 minutes if you want the skin to be more crispy.
6. Serve the fish with lemon squeezed on top with fresh onion and lettuce.
* Sea bream, sea bass, rainbow trout or any other fish of your choice can be used.
* The slits that you make should not be too deep because they might break the bones and when cooked the fish will be totally out of shape.
* I prefer to use the whole fish without any of the fins being removed because they become crispy and tastes good when grilled. But make sure you spread some oil on the foil because the fins might stick to the foil over the cooking period.