Red chilli chutney is one of my all time favourites which would obviously tease one's taste buds. It is a very very hot chutney which serves as a compliment with piping hot idlis and dosas. A hot tea or coffee after having this chutney will sure satisfy the palates which crave for hot stuffs. Enjoy!
Shallots - 15 to 20
Garlic - 3 pods
Dried Red Chilli - 20
Tomato - 1
Salt - to taste
Gingelly oil - 3 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
Urad dahl - 1 Tablespoon
Channa dahl - 1 Tablespoon
Curry Leaves - 20 leaves
1. Grind the shallots, garlic, tomato and dried red chillies along with salt into a fine or coarse paste by adding little or no water.
2. Heat oil in the pan and allow the mustard seeds to splutter. Then add the curry leaves followed by the dahls.
3. Now add the ground paste and cook for 5 minutes until the raw smell goes away. Stir constantly else the chutney will be splattered all over.
4. Turn off the heat, allow it to cool and store in a air tight jar. This chutney would stay for weeks if refrigerated properly.
* Using gingelly oil will ease the take of the chillies in your tummy.