Salmon is one of the best sources of protein and omega 3 fattyacids. Living here in UK, we are lucky enough to get the best salmon in the world from the freshwater Lochs in Scotland. The meat is marbeled with enough fat which keeps the flesh soft after cooking. Here is a lip smacking version of the salmon - grilled salmon and my favourite of all time. Enjoy!
Filleted Salmon (skinless & boneless) - 350 gms
Garlic butter - 1 Tablespoon (optional)
Red Chilli Powder - 11/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt - as required
Dried Thyme - 1/2 Teaspoon
Lime Juice - Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the for marinade header and make a fine paste. Check for heat and salt and adjust it according to your palate.
2. Cut the salmon steak into equal sized pieces.
3. Marinate the salmon with the marinade and let it marinate for an hour or longer.
4. Arrange the salmon pieces with the skin side down and leave enough space between them in a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
5. Smear the garlic butter on the top and sides of the salmon pieces.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C and place the baking tray in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 8 - 10 minutes.
7. Turn the salmon to the other side and cook for just 1 minute until the skin side gets crispier.
8. Take the tray outside and allow it to rest for 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot with a squeeze of lime and sliced onion by the side.
* Do not over cook as all the water and oil from the fish will ooze out and the meat will become harder.