Besan / Chickpea flour - 1 cup
Young Spinach Leaves - 1 cup ( finely chopped )
Onion - 1 ( finely chopped )
Green Chillies - 2 ( finely chopped )
Curry leaves - 10 ( finely chopped )
Ginger - 1 cm ( grated )
Red chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Sodium Bicarbonate -1/2 Teaspoon
Salt - as required
Water - as required
Oil - for deep frying
1. Mix all the ingredients other than the oil as shown in the picture below. Add little water at a time.
2. Heat the oil for deep frying in a thick bottomed wide pan. Maintain the heat or flame in medium high.
3. Drop the mix as little balls in the hot oil in a spoon or by hand.
4. Once they are cooked take them out and drain the excess oil using kitchen towels.
5. Serve with tomato sauce or red chilli chutney.
* The oil should not be very hot as the mix will be burnt outside and uncooked inside.
* You can also add potatoes into the mix for additional texture and flavour.