One afternoon I was lazy to prepare lunch and my laziness led to the discovery of this new dish, Potato Rice. It tasted different and good too! Enjoy!
Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Potato (large) - 2 (diced into small cubes)
Onion (medium) - 1 (finely chopped)
Oil - 1 Tablespoon
Ghee - 1 Tablespoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
Urud dahl - 1 Teaspoon
Channa Dahl / Fried Red Lentil - 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 10
Salt - to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and allow the mustard seeds to split. Then add the urud and channa dahl and fry until they become golden brown.
2. Now add the curry leaves followed by onion and fry until its cooked completely.
3. Add the potatoes followed by salt and the masalas. Keep stirring so that the potatoes do not stick to the pan. Do not add water. Just stir constantly until the contents are completely cooked.
4. Now add ghee to the rice and add the cooked potatoes to it and stir evenly.
Potato rice is ready to be served!
* If you do not stir the potatoes constantly, they might stick to the pan and get burnt easily.