I have become obsessed with prawns after coming to UK. Myself and my hubby would have them at least one every two weeks. To our surprise, it tasted amazing the day after its preparation, so I would always spare some for the next day. Here s the recipe of this mouth watering dish, Enjoy!
King Prawns - 500 gms (peeled n cooked)
Olive Oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
Gingely Oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 1
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
Bay leaf - 1
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
Green Chilli - 1
Onion (medium) - 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Tomato (medium) - 2 (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves - 10
Fresh Coriander Leaves - to garnish
Salt - to taste
Pepper - 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 Teaspoon
1. Heat both the oils in a pan and add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and fry for 5 seconds.
2. Add the green chilli followed by onion and sauté in a medium high flame until the onion is completely cooked. (It takes about 7-10 minutes)
3. Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 3 minutes and then add the tomatoes followed by salt and the masalas. Reduce the heat to medium low.
4. Fry until the raw smell of the masalas go away. Add 1/4 cup of water and stir the contents.
5. Close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
6. Now add the prawns and cook for 6 minutes in a medium flame. Prawns will give out lot of water.
7. After 6 minutes increase the flame to high and allow the water to dry. Stir constantly until you get the desired gravy content.
8. Finally add the ground pepper and curry leaves, give a quick stir and turn off the heat. Cover the pan with a lid. Pepper and curry leaves will get cooked in the heat of the pan itself.
9. Open the lid after 5 minutes, you will smell the amazing aroma of the prawns, pepper and curry leaves.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Pepper prawn is ready to be served.
* Pepper prawn goes well with rotis and rice.
* The amount of pepper can be altered.