Cluster beans fry is one of my favourites with curd rice. It tastes great when added a spoonful of grated coconut but I have avoided it being diet conscious. Enjoy!
1. Cluster beans - 250 gms
2. Oil - 1 Teaspoon
3. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
4. Urud and Channa Dahl - 1 Teaspoon
5. Curry Leaves - 10
6. Onion (medium) - 1/2 (finely chopped)
7. Green Chilli - 1
8. Salt - to taste
1. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
2. Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
1. Wash the cluster beans and slit both ends removing the thick fibre at the sides of the beans and finely chop them.
2. Heat oil in a pan and allow the mustard seeds to split and then add the urud and channa dahl.
3. Now add the curry leaves followed by green chilli and onion. Sauté until they are cooked.
4. Add the chopped beans followed by the salt and masalas and sauté for a while.
5. You will notice the colour of the beans changing to a fine green which is when you have to add 1/4 th cup of water to the pan and close it with a lid. The heat should be on medium.
6. Say after 5 minutes the beans should be cooked. Give a quick stir and turn the heat off.
Cluster beans fry is ready to be served!
* A spoonful of grated coconut can be added towards the end to add extra taste to the dish.