Potato fry is the favourite dish of everyone which goes as a starter, snack or a side for any dish. There are different versions of preparing these fries and here I have shared my version which I learnt from my friend Sushma. Enjoy!
Potatoes - 5 (diced, cubed or cut into thin sticks)
Oil - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Urud dahl/White lentil - 1 Tablespoon
Channa dahl/Yellow split peas - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the urud and channa dahl and roast till they become golden yellow in colour.
2. Now add the cut potatoes, salt, red chilli and turmeric powder and sauté .
3. Reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring until the potatoes are cooked.
4. As time goes, the potatoes will become crispier.
Potato fries are ready to be served.
* Keep cooking in the medium heat until you get the desired crispiness.