Pepper mushroom is the favourite of my father-in-law. Unfortunately he is no more and never did I get a chance to prepare this dish for him. But whenever I prepare this dish it always reminds me of him. Here goes the recipe.
Mushroom - 500 gms (any mushroom of your choice, finely chopped)
Onion - 1 (Large, finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 (Medium, finely chopped)
Garlic - 3 pods (finely chopped)
Oil - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Corinader powder - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
Onion -1/2 (cut lengthwise)
Curry leaves - 10
Crushed Black Pepper - 1 Tablespoon
Fresh Coriander Leaves - for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until they are completely cooked.
2. Add the masalas and cook until the raw smell goes away and then add tomatoes and cook along with salt for 4 minutes.
3. Add the mushroom and mix everything together and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
4. When the mushroom is cooked and the water is completely dried add the onions cut lengthwise and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the crushed black pepper and the curry leaves, give a quick stir and cover the pan and turn off teh heat.
6. Open after 2 minutes and serve hot with fresh coriander garnished on top.
* If you want the dish in gravy consistency increase the amount of onion ad tomato and add a cup of water.
* Pepper mushroom goes well with both roti and rice.